You are here:
St. Vincent's Pathology was founded in 1911 and enjoys a high reputation for quality and service in the provision of comprehensive diagnostic pathology testing. We have specialised pathologists, alongside laboratory scientists, couriers and administration support staff that are committed to provide a service of excellence.
St. Vincent's Pathology operates fully NATA-accredited laboratories located across Melbourne, offering a comprehensive range of diagnostic services covering the disciplines of Anatomical Pathology, Biochemistry, Immunopathology, Haematology, Microbiology and Cytogenetics to the St. Vincent's campus, GPs and medical specialists in the Melbourne area. Our facilities vary in size from our centralised core facility in Fitzroy which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to our branch facilities offering community based remote testing. Our Fitzroy facility also holds TGA approval for tissue donor screening and is the only facility in Victoria outside Red Cross with this capability.
We are a not-for-profit service, with revenue generated by pathology utilised by St. Vincent's Health to support teaching, research and mission programs.
St. Vincent's Pathology, consistent with the Sisters of Charity, is committed to the provision of a comprehensive, high quality diagnostic and consultative pathology service to all its clients and to the maintenance of a world-class research and teaching facility for the ongoing improvement of health care to the Australian Community.